Wednesday 14 March 2012

My Creative Scrapbook - Prima Sketch Challenge

The two of us....

This is a layout for the My Creative Scrapbook Prima sketch challenge. I love Prima and am always using their products so when I saw this challenge I thought I would give it a go! This layout is of my husband and little girl at Falmouth beach last year. It was her first time close to the ocean and she just stared at the sea in amazement. I wanted the layout to have a soft feel and used papers, materials, colours and distressing that I felt would be reminiscent of the ocean.

The Layout is mostly Prima, papers are Annalee as are the essential flowers which have been embellished with pearls and crystals, painted with white acrylic paint and distressed with Tim Holtz broken china ink. Flowers are from the Tea Roses collection, melody and Annalee collection, also used are crystal swirls, pearls and melody birds. Photo mats are soft hessian which is painted with white acrylic paint and distressed with Tim Holtz broken china, others mats are soft mesh material in sand and blue colours. The words are distressed with Time Holtz broken china stickles. The envelope is from Melissa Frances, painted and distressed and inside has journaling about the day. The papers are distressed and again inked with distress ink. The flowers and envelope are surrounded by pebbles and shells that were collected from the beach on the day buy my little girl.

Sorry for the poor photographing!







3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful page...love the pictures!! Thanks for playing along with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv the beautiful shabby chic feel of this page! so gorgeous! Thanx for playing at MCS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! So peaceful! X

    ReplyDelete